Woohoo all of my favorite 2013-2014 students! I am pleased to tell you that we will be using a website called IXL in our classroom this year. IXL is a comprehensive math practice site with an unlimited number of math practice questions in hundreds of skills — all of which are aligned to state standards. One of the best things about IXL is that you can access it from home, so you have a chance to see your progress!
To get started on IXL.com, please follow these easy steps:
1. Enter your username and password in the top right-hand corner and click Sign in.
(Note: If the username and password are not listed below, they will be provided separately.)
3. Navigate to your grade level.
4. Find a skill to practice by doing one of the following:
· Select a specific skill to practice from the list of skills. You can place your mouse over any skill to see a sample question and click on the link to begin.
· Click on the Awards tab. Each grade level has an embedded game board with challenges for you to conquer skills and virtual prizes. Place your mouse over any challenge to begin.
In addition to making math practice exciting, IXL is designed to help you learn at your own pace. The website is adaptive and will adjust to your demonstrated ability level. The site also saves all of your results, so you can monitor your progress anytime by clicking on the Reports tab.
I hope you'll feel encouraged to use IXL daily. Here's to a year of working together to make math fun!