A Little About Me…
From an early age, I developed a fascination with the history of the world. As I youth, I found myself getting lost for hours in tales about adventures in cursed Pharaohs tombs, or the sights and sounds of a grand Medieval joust. My imagination would run wild with tales of ancient Mayan sacrifice rituals deep in the the jungles of the Yucatan and calm, serene landscapes about to be engulfed in rage and fury by the Samurai warriors of Feudal Japan. The stories from the past and the books that taught me about them sparked an interest in me that never went away.
My class is all about sparking this appreciation of the past in my students. However, in our hyper-interactive modern world, the stories of those who came before us are quickly being forgotten. My goal is to bridge the gap between my students lives and the lives of the past through the use of modern technology and techniques that not only excite the students, but also challenge them to push themselves to discover the “mysteries of history.”
- Born: Chico, California
- Places lived: As a kid…..Grass Valley, Lake Tahoe, Murphys. As an adult….Fresno, Valley Springs, Oakdale
- Schools attended: A LOT…. High School: Bret Harte High School College: America River JC, Merced JC, Chico St., Whittier College, and Fresno State
- Hobbies: Traveling to new places, watching/playing sports, listening to live music, reading, and playing with my dog.
- Family: Mom, Dad, younger sister, my dog and my cat.
- Meaningful Quote: “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing your enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
|2017-2018 All Year||2||7th Grade History||17|
|2017-2018 All Year||3||7th Grade History||17|
|2017-2018 All Year||4||7th Grade History||17|
|2017-2018 All Year||5||21st Century Technology||17|
|2017-2018 All Year||6||7th Grade History||17|
|2017-2018 All Year||7||7th Grade History||17|