Families » Enrollment


Enrollment Requirements

The following district forms are required to enroll your child at our school.

In addition to the required district forms, the following items are required.

  • Valid birth certificate
  • Up-to-date immunization record (see Required Vaccinations below)
  • Proof of residency
    Acceptable documents include one of the following with the parent/guardian’s name and the EUSD residence address: 
    • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipt
    • Property tax payment receipt
    • A recent utility service statement, or payment receipt (gas, electric, or water)
    • Pay stub
    • Government Correspondence

Required Vaccinations

California law requires that a student entering the 7th grade receive a Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis vaccine) booster and also have two MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine. Please check your child’s immunization record to confirm that they have received these doses of vaccine and submit to the school office prior to the start of the 2017-2018 school year. Any student who does not have current immunizations will not be allowed to attend school and is considered an unexcused absence for each day that is missed.

Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) 3 doses
Hepatitis B 2 doses
Varicella (chickenpox) 1 does


Personal Belief Waivers

Personal belief waivers are no longer accepted as per the new law SB 277 that went into effect as of January 1, 2016. Any child that had a personal beliefs waiver for immunizations between kindergarten and 6th grade and is entering 7th grade will need all immunizations including Tdap and MMR for entry into school. Families who do not wish to vaccinate their children are encouraged to pursue home school options as they will not be permitted into private or public schools without current immunizations.

For more information about vaccinations and immunizing visit the Shots for School website.

For questions relating to your school or Escalon USD contact Heather Smallwood the district’s nurse at [email protected] or (209) 838-8910 ext. 2006.


Students Taking Medication

If your child is required to take medication during the school day, please obtain the following documents from your child’s physician and provide them with the enrollment documents.

  • Parent/Physician Request to Assist Administration of Medication completed and signed by the student’s physician
  • Consent to Self-Administration of Medication only if your child uses an inhaler or auto-injected epinephrine

Your child cannot be enrolled or attend classes until all the required documents are received.